Agile Testing is a software testing methodology that adheres to Agile Software Development Principles. Agile testing allows you to save a significant amount of time and resources while ensuring a proactive production and traceability mechanism.
Selecting the right agile testing tool is tricky. A good agile testing tool should facilitate communication, track history and accountability or testing activities, provide in-depth analytics and must have the ability to scale with your organization’s growth. Apart from that it is a must to be unsymmetrical as it can be changed at any point in time. Concurrent testing and development is the key with this model It ensures early delivery of software with perfect response to the requirement phase from customers. ,
Different development methods may be used by testers in an Agile project to test multiple functionalities within the program. Often agile software teams use multiple research techniques, such as Practical Testing, Exploratory Testing, and Automated Testing, among others.
Here is a list of the top agile testing tools of 2021:
Kualitee, a complete ALM-based test management tool, is a great platform for collaboration, traceability and for ease in software testing.
Kualitee offers QA teams to perform Project Management, Test Management, Defect Management from a single platform featuring notifications, SDK, collaborative updates, test case repository among integrations with leading tools like JIRA, Redmine, GitLab, Selenium, and Asana.
Kualitee has a dynamic dashboard that provides the user with complete updates on all the ongoing projects. It supports a powerful test case repository. The test cases can be used among multiple projects easily. It also offers mobile compatibility to keep the users updated at all times.
Compared to other tools on this list, Kualitee is the most economical with the same, if not better features than other popular agile testing tools.
Save time and resources by using this cutting-edge QA tool.
- Provides requirement management with full traceability with test cases and defects
- Agile based task manager with Kanban board and other views
- Helps you to run several test cycles on the same test case for easy re-usability
- Users can track, manage, and resolve bugs with an easy-to-use defect management module
- Option of On cloud and on-premise
- Mobile App and SDK for Android and iOS
- Customizable user roles and permissions
- Save report templates and schedule reports
TestFLO, the coolest name on this list.
It is a test management plugin for JIRA available on the JIRA marketplace that enables Agile testing tools from beginning to end. Easy agile testing tools applications allow you to append feedback to your bug reports as attachments. It alerts the whole team about the bugs and their present state.
- You’ll be able to get consistent bug reports.
- Steps will also have comments added to them.
- Immediately build defects within steps.
3. qTest Scenario
The JIRA plug-in qTest Scenario is used for agile testing. It encourages the project team to view agile testing from a test-first perspective. The test case formation, execution, defect recording, and results are all handled by qTest Scenario.
- It is designed primarily for BDD, TDD, and ATDD approaches.
- Established files can be quickly imported and exported.
- It comes with a Gherkin editor for scenarios and future development.
- Test simulations can be run manually via the JIRA GUI or automatically using Maven or Ruby.
- It will use JIRA to build custom reports and compare velocity reporting.
- Analyzes the coverage and features of the tests.
- It will use JIRA to build custom reports and compare velocity reporting.
- It can be combined with automatic test data.
Zephyr is a real-time Test Management Tool that was created with today’s technological era, recently built diverse enterprise systems, and dynamic improvements in testing processes in mind. It monitors all procedures and activities relating to software testing and ensures that a high-quality product is produced.
Zephyr can be used by a variety of methodologies in addition to agile, such as Waterfall, V-Model, and so on. Testing tasks can be conveniently handled with Zephyr’s integration with JIRA. You can monitor project status and produce a reliable product with this Zephyr add-in for JIRA.
- It can work with JIRA, Selenium, and other tools.
- Zephyr for JIRA is fully compatible with JIRA, with a close look and sound.
- Within Zephyr for JIRA, it imports user stories and keeps track of them.
- Tests can be generated and updated, and test execution periods can be planned.
- Tests are stored in a layout folder management system so that they can be reused.
- Zephyr Enterprise shows all projects, sprint, and release details on a single dashboard.
VersionOne provides Fortune 100 businesses with agile tech technologies and services.
VersionOne is an agile testing and project management platform that supports agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban XP, and Lean, among others. With a drag-and-drop GUI, it offers a consolidated view of the backlog.
- VersionOne increases project awareness and offer unified project control.
- Managing stories and epics through various projects and project teams is easy.
- Defining and monitoring execution through all projects is straightforward, and the project has visibility across the whole project lifecycle.
- It uses a drag-and-drop GUI to help the user to prioritize stories and defects.
Atlassian created JIRA, which is an Agile Project Management Tool. Atlassian Corporation Plc is a consulting firm that creates tools for project managers, software engineers, and other professionals.
Its turnover in 2017 was around $620 million, and it hires around 2,200 employees globally, servicing about 60 thousand clients. Atlassian is well-known for its JIRA platform, which is used for defect monitoring, preparation, reporting, and project management in agile software development. Although Jira doesn’t have test management capability by default, it does have a lot of plugins that help in managing test cases in an agile environment.
- Scrum, Kanban, and other agile methodologies are supported by JIRA.
- It has a robust monitoring function that gives users access to hundreds of reports detailing team success in real-time.
- Plans and forecasts offer a framework for making well-informed decisions.
- JIRA Query Language was used to create custom filters.
- It can be used in combination with developer software to provide end-to-end traceability.
For agile testing, PractiTest is used as a test management platform. It is simple to learn, cheap, and adaptable, and it supports both developers and testers. PractiTest covers specifications, test runs, performance, problems, and documentation, as well as a comprehensive project status. It controls all tasks and oversees the production and testing procedures.
PractiTest delivers data to various stakeholders – developers, testers, senior management, and so on – in the format that they want. It has the potential to present data in a variety of ways at a glance.
- It will work with tools like JIRA, Jenkins, Selenium, and TestComplete, among others.
- To handle and locate content, it uses a hierarchical tree structure.
- A dashboard is a versatile tool that can be personalized to include meaningful and reliable data.
- Current data is easily imported.
- Complex database queries are simple to create.
- Produces manual tests and organizes them according to sprints.
- PractiTest has the potential to produce glitches right in the middle of a test run.
QMetry is an open-source agile testing platform that was created with DevOps in mind. In comparison to other methods, QMetry enables the agile team to develop, maintain, and deliver applications quicker. It is a flexible approach that includes efficient test scheduling, personalized analytics, test automation, and Continuous Integration.
QMetry offers a JIRA plug-in that delivers advanced test measurements and reports to JIRA users. QMetry aids Continuous Integration and Continuous Development automation. It transforms the effects of automation into quality measurements and a concise overview report.
- It allows you to build and manage a vast number of user stories and test cases using agile testing.
- Agile testing enables test preparation, implementation, fault management, traceability, and full coverage.
- QMetry for JIRA is a tool for managing testing tasks in agile projects.
- User stories and scenarios can be related using a drag-and-drop interface.
- Testing operations are tracked using a personalized dashboard and comprehensive review results.
9. Selenium WebDriver
Selenium WebDriver is a commonly used agile automation platform in the tech industry. Because of their various benefits, the terms “Agile” and “Automation” are commonly used in today’s technology.
Running any project in agile methodology and running repeatable tests using automation – Selenium WebDriver for a web-based program – is genuinely expected in the tech industry.
Selenium WebDriver is widely used in agile projects because it allows each team member to contribute to the automation of test cases.
- Selenium WebDriver can only be used to simplify browser-based software; it does not work on desktop applications.
- Selenium WebDriver makes it simple to create a keyword-driven interface that simulates how a real user will communicate with an application by automated test cases.
- It helps you to write automation scripts in JAVA, C#, Python, Ruby, and PHP.
Worksoft, the market pioneer in continuous test automation for enterprise applications, is now the first option for multinational companies looking to drive Agile-plus-DevOps projects and achieve real end-to-end business process automation on a wide scale.
Worksoft Certify is an Agile testing system that allows non-technical customers, engineers, and test automation experts to collaborate in an Agile manner and fit seamlessly into DevOps tools, chains, and processes.
- Create automation closer to the implementation sprint, where documentation is top of mind, to encourage Agile adoption.
- Define and register current company procedures and variations in a timely manner.
- End-to-end business process verification through corporate systems is now possible.
- Maintain a high degree of productivity in the face of dynamic technology environments and regular application changes.
- Find and repair data transmission and device problems before they trigger production outages.
11. Pivotal Tracker
Pivotal Tracker is a project management app that helps you schedule your projects. It is based on the Agile development framework, but it can be found in a number of project models, including Cascade, Iterative, and V-models.
During agile training, the tracker also aids in iteration preparation. It aids in the division of a big undertaking into smaller projects or chunks that can be quickly handled and distributed. With the assistance of a clock, the agile team completes the project on time.
It aids in obtaining a collaborative perspective of the whole team and analyses the team’s success as the project continues. It offers a short rundown of the project’s status.
- The team’s shared perspective aids in project work prioritization.
- Visualize the complexity of the project and the collaborative efforts of the team.
- The project team receives a real-time progress view that displays the team’s status.
- Will get a straightforward and cohesive image of who is responsible for which task and what the next task for each team member is.
- The tracker’s powerful search help also saves routine searches to be used later as needed.
- Attaching data, presentations, and other objects is as easy as dragging and falling.
SmartBear developed SoapUI, an agile testing platform that is the most sophisticated REST and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
SoapUI is mainly used to test the functionality of online services. This involves web service creation, web service invocation, and so on. Test cases for web services can be conveniently generated with SoapUI. It has a versatile interface that allows users to run tests and review results directly from the GUI.
- SoapUI is a fully free and open-source program.
- It enables you to write and run functional, regression, and load tests.
- Using a drag-and-drop GUI, test cases can be conveniently generated.
- SoapUI covers all normal protocols and has full test coverage.
- It facilitates data-driven tests and various environments.
JunoOne is a versatile JIRA integration platform for Agile Test Case Management and Issue Tracking.
JunoOne, a complex Test Case Management system designed to streamline Test Management and Incident Management, allows you to work more effectively. JunoOne, a test management program, includes a variety of resources to help you coordinate your research tasks, monitor individual steps, and document the overall status of your programs.
Throughout the process, JunoOne provides a number of features. It all begins with the development of a campaign and the review of test results. Then you devise a strategy for testing and executing the tests.
- It has an easy-to-use dashboard.
- Data mapping between tasks and deadlines is excellent.
- Navigation is super easy.
- It has an efficient system to fix your problems and secure your data.
Apache JMeter is a fast and flexible performance testing application written in the Java programming language. Its aim is to evaluate an application’s performance and operational behavior under a specified load. You can generate a heavy load on a web server and measure its results with JMeter.
- JMeter is a free and open-source software application.
- Capacity to load and output test a range of software, servers, and other programs.
- Support for data collection and visualization plug-ins has been expanded.
- For the output assessment of the software under various forms of load, graphical analysis is possible.
15. Bug Shooting
Bug Shooting, as the name suggests, seeks to eliminate any last flaw before the final result is flawless.
It’s simple to use, and it can take screenshots and apply them to bug tracking or problem management products.
Bug Shooting is, in a nutshell, one of the most intelligent agile testing methods available.
- Smart capture mode is supported.
- Screenshots of effects.
- Access to commonly used resources is convenient and fast.
Kanbanize is based on the well-known and commonly applied Kanban methodology. This software was created with the aim of improving the Agile testing process.
You won’t need to search for another tool if it has features like time monitoring and email integration.
- Kanban boards are versatile.
- Timelines are versatile
- To simplify the operation, use business rules (If-This-Then-That Runtime Policies).
- Time monitoring and email synchronization
17. Enterprise Tester
Enterprise Tester is another heavyweight for big businesses. It’s a good tool for detecting glitches and vulnerabilities in vast volumes of data.
Traceability, efficient reporting, and collaboration with JIRA and Confluence are all included in this feature-rich tool.
If that weren’t enough to inspire you, this platform is used by some of the world’s most prestigious companies.
- It’s compatible with JIRA and Confluence.
- Provides total coverage for specifications and flaws.
- Allows teams to select from project models such as Avalanche, Agile, and Cascade.
QAComplete is designed to process massive volumes of data and deliver enterprise-level solutions.
It enables us to connect manual and automated tasks while also detecting problems, glitches, and bottlenecks with its industry-leading AI.
- It has the potential to plan automatic Test Runs.
- It works with Jenkins, JIRA, Selenium, and more than 40 other tools.
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs) may be established and tracked.
Appium is a free and open-source platform for Agile testing. It has excellent workflow features that can also be used for smartphone applications
It works for iOS, Android, and hybrid apps.
- Setup is simple.
- Excellent automation
- Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, C#, and other programming languages are supported.
Gurock Software Company owns TestRail, an Agile Testing Tools. Gurock Software focuses on software creation and quality assurance. Their products are used by consumers all over the world to design applications.
Many large-scale companies, including Microsoft, Dell, Oracle, among others, are currently using their products. The QA team uses TestRail, a web-based platform, to handle Agile Testing Efforts. TestRail was created with the aim of promoting agile project milestones through sprints, surveys, and metrics.
- TestRail is software that handles test events, test runs, test outcomes, and overall testing efforts.
- JIRA, Jenkins, and Selenium are only some of the automation agile testing tools that TestRail integrates with.
- Throughout the testing period, the customer is kept updated by a number of dashboards, reports, and email alerts.
Congrats! You’re now well-equipped to continue operating in an Agile fashion. A point to consider is that project management advancements are rapid. You must keep yourself informed of the most recent agile practices and whether your tool has them or not.
Without a doubt, the Agile approach is one of the most successful project management methodologies. All of a sudden, these agile testing tools improve everything!